Homesteading In The Pacific Northwest

Friday, September 10, 2010

My Pasta Sauce Recipe....

My mother made great pasta sauce!  She simmered it all day and the aromas coming from the kitchen were heavenly.  I used to make it the way she did, but one time when I was in a hurry I used a sauce from a jar and found that with just a little tweaking it was as good (or better) than my old version.  So here. as promised, is the updated recipe for my pasta sauce....


Ingredients:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
1 quart Oven Roasted Tomato Sauce ( or 1 jar Classico Mushroom and Olive Pasta Sauce)
One cup good red wine
3/4 cup sliced Kalamata olives
Chopped fresh herbs (basil, rosemary, parsley)
2 bay leaves
Ground black pepper to taste


 Heat olive oil in sauce pan over medium high.  Add onions, garlic and mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes.  Add sauces, wine, herbs, olives and pepper to taste.  Add meatballs from previous recipe and simmer for about 45 minutes.



Prepare pasta according to package directions, drain and serve with pasta sauce.  Grate good Parmesiano Reggiano cheese over pasta before serving.

Enjoy!

 Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment