Homesteading In The Pacific Northwest

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Bullchit!!

I'm pretty sure that's what these potatoes think about the fact that they are hanging around in the greenhouse instead of luxuriating in some nice soft soil....



... but last year I kept records on the progress of the potatoes that I planted early and "encouraged" with a germination heating pad versus the ones that I just popped into wine barrels or big buckets later in the season and found that the later planted potatoes caught up with the early birds.  So this year my "Red Golds" are going to be sitting around chitting for a couple more weeks whether they like it or not ; )

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. It's always interesting to see the results of gardening experiments.

    My potatoes are definitely say Bullchit right now! They will finally get planted this weekend!

    ReplyDelete