Homesteading In The Pacific Northwest

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Tuesday Tutorial ... Jar Labels

This is just a quick little something I'd like to share.  I like making pretty labels for my home canned foods.


 I print out a design on a color printer (you could also use printed scrapbooking paper) and use a 2" Fiskars hole punch ...


 punch out a bunch of circles ...


... and use a dab of glue stick to attach them to the lids.


What's nice about the glue stick is that the labels will peel off later on without too much effort and without tearing.  You can see the glue residue on this one that was removed from a metal lid ...


and reattached with some more glue stick onto a plastic lid for refrigerator storage.

Here is the graphic that I used.  It's a William Morris wallpaper pattern.  Feel free to copy and print it out for your own labels :)


Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Sure beats the heck out of my Sharpie scribble on the lids! I'm going to start doing this! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete