Homesteading In The Pacific Northwest

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Meatloaf!

If you have been reading my posts you are probably aware by now that in the fall I'm really in to comfort food. And what says comfort food better than meatloaf? I have to admit that in the past my homemade meatloaves have been more suitable for use as doorstops than for human consumption. I did have some really good meatloaf while out and about one day recently (in, of all places, a hospital cafeteria!). It was a turkey meatloaf...lowfat, low calorie and pretty darned good! I searched my favorite foodie web sites and found this recipe:



I made this for dinner last night and it was great!  I only made two small changes to the recipe; I added a little chopped green bell pepper and used fresh breadcrumbs instead of dry.  Mike and I both agreed that this recipe is a keeper!

And of course, for lunch today...leftover meatloaf sandwiches :)

Enjoy!

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment