Homesteading In The Pacific Northwest

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Product of Where??!!

One of my Facebook friends, Gordon Uyehara, posted some information about the American Food Industry that really upset me.  I used to drive from Federal Way to Seattle to shop at Whole Foods, because I thought I was getting better, healthier food and doing my part to "shop local".  So imagine my distress when I saw this:


I went to the Whole Foods web site to see if they had any information about this, but couldn't find any...what I DID notice is the VERY FEW of the products in our local ad mention the word "local" ( actually, only three...one of them was for beer and none of them were produce )...

But I did find something that made me chuckle on their website, a statement that said:
"If you don't know the story behind your food,don't eat it."


I agree with that!!  I'm going to be working more and more on being able to say "Product of Deb's Garden"...and I will be sharing my learning process with you here on my blog...


And remember...
"The best way to change corporate America is with your checkbook!"

Deb


No comments:

Post a Comment