Homesteading In The Pacific Northwest

Friday, November 5, 2010

Eat Local...Another Option....

It is November and out little local produce stand has closed for the season....and it's Olympia Local Foods to the rescue! This is the brilliant brain child of Tom and Celia Husman, owners of Tachira Farm ...easy, one stop shopping for local produce, dairy, meats and many more goodies!  It almost seems too easy.  I place my order online between Friday morning and Tuesday morning and pick up my order on Thursday afternoon.  And every week my order seems to get a little bigger as I try new products...


This is the order we picked up yesterday.  I love knowing that my cage free, organic eggs came from Yelm, the carrots from Shelton and the squash from Olympia ...all of my order was from a less than 50 mile radius of our home!


Last night I made a stir fry of chicken, peppers, onions and kale...tonight a bean soup with chard and carrots...

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment