Homesteading In The Pacific Northwest

Monday, November 21, 2011

Harvest Monday ... and More Hearth Side Cooking



Beef short ribs in the Dutch oven, potatoes and squash from the Hobbit Hole baking on top. Unfortunately there is no photo of the finished product (after smelling it cooking all afternoon it all disappeared pretty fast : )... everything turned out great!  I'm feeling pretty good now about my ability to keep us fed if the power goes out this winter ....

I'm joining other bloggers over at Daphne's Dandelions as we share our weekly harvests...it's fun to see what others are harvesting and what they are cooking up with it...check it out!


Enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. Good practice for the heavy rains and wind that just arrived this evening. :D Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking yummy! I love to cook on a fire, just don't have one in the house, except an air tight wood stove...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making me wish I had a fireplace right now!! Sounds so yummy.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete