Homesteading In The Pacific Northwest

Monday, July 9, 2012

Purple Fingers ...

I haven't been posting much in the past couple of weeks ... sorry about that!  The truth is that the garden is pretty much on autopilot right now and it has gotten warm so we've been grilling out on the deck, both of which leave me with very little garden lore or kitchen adventures to write about. However I do now have some thing new to tell you about ...


I'm going to be teaching some classes in felting later this summer ... the first one will be "Nuno Felted Scarves" which is a technique of felting wool and silk onto fabric (in this case hand dyed silk chiffon scarves).  I've spent the last several days out on the deck with my dye pots and dual canning/dyeing set up getting class supplies ready.  Which is why I have ... purple fingers : )

If you would like to see some examples of my fiber art work, click here for my Flickr Gallery.  The dates of the classes haven't been set yet ... some will be here in my studio and some at Allyn Knit and Spin.  I'll keep you posted with exact dated and times.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment