Homesteading In The Pacific Northwest

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thursday's Kitchen Cupboard ... January 12, 2012

I'm looking at the date on my last post and I can't believe it!  Has it really been over a month since I posted here?  Where did December go?  It really did seem to pass in a blur of activity with friends and family.  I cooked a lot, laughed a lot and discovered that I can make a bigger mess in my kitchen making soap than I did making strawberry jam!  I'll blog about the soap making adventures soon, but today is Kitchen Cupboard Day on the Gardener of Eden blog; so make sure you head over to Robin’s blog and check out what is going on in her kitchen as well as other kitchens from around the globe.

I have been making a lot of use of the produce I put by last summer.  Last night's pasta ...



I've still been doing more canning.  I made another big stock pot full of chicken broth on Tuesday and put up six pint jars.  The rest is in the process of being turned into pea soup which I will be canning later today.  I really love having my own chicken broth ready to use for soups, stews and gravies.  It is so much tastier than what comes in a can or box and no salt added.  I want to make up a batch of vegetable broth next; does anyone have a good recipe?

Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful Deb! Do I see some raisins in there? "The Italian" just loves raisins, especially in meatballs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great I am a sucker fro pasta and fresh tomato sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I freeze my broth never thought of canning, must give it some serious thought as I do run out of freezer space.

    ReplyDelete