Homesteading In The Pacific Northwest

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Visit To The Candy Store ...

I was at Bark and Garden in Olympia yesterday.  I needed some Sluggo Plus and some Tanglefoot and a few more herbs and ground covers.  It was like walking through a candy store ... and the shopping list went out the window ... first I found these ...


"Fuchsia Firecracker"

And I knew exactly where I was going to put them ... the shade garden next to the back door ...


Two of them up next to the pink hyacinths ...and one beside my pretty ferns ...



Next I found these ... 


"Pesto Perpetuo Basil"

A variegated foliage basil!  So of course I  had to buy the rest of the variegated herbs and some annuals for the wine barrel planting ...



I got back to my shopping list, found my ground covers and the Sluggo and Tanglefoot and was heading to the checkout stand when I saw it ... like I said; it's a candy store ... and I'm hopeless when it comes to candy : )



Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. I love those Fuchsias! So pretty and they do look very nice where you placed them. I had to laugh at the bunny figurine... as I am currently finding a real bunny in my garden more often than not and he is quite cute too ... only he has been grazing my strawberry plants down to the nubs! I will trade you the furry one for your garden decor variety!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a sucker for variegated leaves. Love the fuchsia and basil. And the bunny is one I can think of as cute too. At least this one won't help himself to your garden.

    ReplyDelete